Saturday, September 24, 2011
Friday, September 23, 2011
Thursday, September 22, 2011
"It is our duty to undermine systems of oppression"-to quote myself.....does this make me an anarchist?..I have never considered myself such...it is as natural for me as Corrie Ten Boom hiding Jews in the walls of her house....and her legacy has been a deep influence on me...Papa Ten Boom didn't think twice...because he knew what was right...and died on a hospital gurney outside of his bed...
Posted by Brandon at 11:29 PM
RIP Troy Anthony Davis....May your spirit live and be infectious....
Posted by Brandon at 10:52 AM
Monday, September 19, 2011
Daniel Joseph Baker is clearly the most talented person to have graced the stage of this season's America's Got Talent. It came as a jilting shock to all of us who embraced this magnificent spectacle of talent and actually decided to tune in every week just to see him when he was eliminated. No matter. Daniel is a raw talent, possessing an animal magnetism that puts him in the tradition of Labelle, Grace Slick, and Lady Gaga. I recently got in touch with him via Facebook and asked him if I could interview him for my blog. Graciously, he agreed. This is what transpired.
1. How long have you been a singer and performer?
Since I was 6 years old at Church baptisms.
2. What made you try out for AGT?
I was very unhappy with the status of my life. I feel like it was worth continuing. I had a dream of performing on television, so that unhappiness drove me to audition for AGT on a whim.
3. What is your greatest aspiration?
To have a career in the entertainment industry.
4. Who are the major influences on your music?
Nicole Scherzinger, Lady Gaga, & Christina Aguilera. These are the only 3 people I look towards for ideas & inspirations for my next performances!
5. What is your background and where are you from?
I was raised in a mormon household & was born in Washington state.
6. Did you like the environment you grew up in? Did it nurture your creativity?
I loved my childhood. My parents never got mad at me for singing & banging on the piano during all hours of the night. They wanted me to continue perfecting my talents.
7. Have you been embraced by any gay celebrities? Which ones?
Raja from drag race tweeted me. That was my favorite!
8. How has fame been treating you?
I don't consider myself famous at all.
9. How would you describe your personal style? Where did the leg-on-the-piano thing come from?
My personal style: FIERCE. Foot on the piano: (any monster knows this) GAGA
10. How was your experience on AGT?
Best experience of my life so far. No negatives to list at all. It gave me so much confidence.
11. Where did you normally perform before AGT?
I performed in church and school growing up. But in recent years, only in my house.
12. Were you shocked when you were eliminated?
I was shocked at first. But I've always kept in mind that anything is possible. I want to thank my fans for supporting me through it.. Everything happens for a reason.
13. Of any artists past or present, who would you want to emulate in terms of your career?
I love Liberace & Elton John. I also love Cher & Nicole Scherzinger. I WANNA BE A PUSSYCAT DOLL!
14. Do you have anything in the works?
.I've been booking gigs & am moving to Hollywood! Danfans should look out for me!!
Posted by Brandon at 10:16 PM