Friday, April 01, 2005

My aunt just sent me the photos of my great-great grandmother, great-great grandfather and two of their daughters and I am very emotional. I have seen these photographs all of my life, but now they have some kind of affect on me. I have always been in awe ofthem and held them in reverence as I quite well understood the integrity, the beauty, and the spirit of my ancestors and the legacy that they left behind. I want to preserve them and I want to make a collection of all of that which was left behind for my generation to benefit from. From the time I crawled into aunt Earnestine's room after her death and collected the photographs she had stored there, I feel I can't let any part of my heritage out of my hands. I have to preserve it, I have to make sure that they are kept sacred and holy. To my ancestors--Thanks,

No comments: