Wednesday, June 08, 2005

An Exchange Involving My Grandmother Once with Some Person from the Prattville Community...Before I Was Born

"You One'a them there things?" "One of what things?" "One of them there DeRamuses."


Hahaha. Yes lord, We are Deramus. My great-grandmother's name was Sadie Mae Goodson DeRamus. SHe married John Archie Bradson Deramus and had eight children, reared several including a foster child-her motherless nephew. Of her eight, she educated them all. My great grandfather's name was Morgan Goodson ( and therefore we are Goodsons too). His wife was named Mattie Roper/ Goodson, and together they had twenty children, roughly more than half of whom lived to adulthood, and about nine of which left offspring and descendant lines. There oldest child was King Philip and others whose names I can remember right off the top this morning are Henry Oliver, Macauley Ware(Fess Goodson),James Doc, Sadie Mae, Alfreda, Ethel, Caroline, Emma,....if I remember more I will post them. My great great great grandmother's name was Caroline Roper, who was a white woman. She had nine children, six with my great-great-great grandfather, Greenberry Smith, a mulatto, one with my other great-great great grandfather, and two that were completely white. Greenberry himself, had 49 children.

No comments: