Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Today I am going to write about something that I should and want to, now, address. I had a friendship(which was quite sincere on my part), but which was very much abused. It will never be fitting for anyone to take their frustrations out on me because they have not gotten the job that they wanted. I had sensed a few times a bit of class resentment (along with a bit of white male righteousness) on the part of this person, but simply brushed it aside. However, when his job failed to materialize, it really showed through in one of our last conversations in which he referred to me as being "bougie," among other things which I don't remember. Alas, I dont care how much I may like you, you won't take it out on me when the world doesnt go your way. The dynamics of a lower-middle class white boy trying to reach up and being resentful of middle class Blacks shows a lot, especially how in this country it doesnt matter what your class is, to be white is supposed to mean that you have power, privilege, and legitimacy. Not in my book. And alas, I will lay it out a bit that now this person who has an undergraduate degree in Women's studies (no money) and wants to find a job in computers (ha!) and who will be going to a second-rate graduate school in California with no funding(as much as I don't like Purdue, it is established and I was funded;-) Anyway, there is always something to learn from.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

ur a butt

Brandon said...

And what a beautiful butt I have. Learn and grow honey. Learn and grow.

Anonymous said...

no u

Anonymous said...

whatt a frekshow

Anonymous said...

Let me bring you down to reality, Brandon, because the world you live in is a very sad one. He was your friend and you ruined this friendship by your inability to handle rejection in an appropriate and mature fashion. It is that simple. You were the one who called him repeatedly, and continued to do so after being told to stop. You are abusive and, frankly, a little scary. You then turned this rejection, which was as polite as it could possibly be, into a fabricated attack of racism. Yes Brandon, say anything – throw up any defense that hides your own inadequacies, insecurities and complete and utter failures in relating to another human being in a healthy and appropriate way. Because this isn’t the only time this has happened, maybe it would be smart of consider the fact that the problem might lie within yourself.

Further, great work on attending a school that doesn’t make you happy, you psychotic jackass.

Brandon said...

Give it up people. Why are you even reading my blog?;-) You are utterly stupid. Anyway, the world seems quite good.

Brandon said...

Alas, Josh, and I know one of these is you.....Your little comments are those of a petulant child. Grow up dear. Learn some more and take only my best wishes with you.