Thursday, July 21, 2005

The World I Want

Why can't Angela Davis be the secretary of state? The world would be so wonderful if it were run by( and in that case, I think they would not operate along the lines of "running" anything) Angela Davis, Alice Walker, Barbra Streisand, Audre Lorde, and Gloria Steinem. They would have a very large cabinet too. It is amazing and I still intend to write a paper about how two complete and total people such as Angela Davis and Condoleeza Rice could come from the same place, just about ten years a part from each other, and be who they are today. One, a progressive, the other serving as a face for evil ( Black people should be scared that now people can identify a black woman's face with this country's machinations). Oh what a world it would be though.... It puts in my mind a song I love so much "Everything," by Barbra

I want to learn what life is for
I don't want much, I just want more
Ask what I want and I will sing
I want everything,everything.

I'd cure the cold and the traffic jam
If there were floods I'd give a damn
I'd never sleep, I'd only sing,
let me do everything, everything.

I'd like to plan a city and play a cello,
Play at Monte Carlo, play Othello
Move into the White House and paint it Yellow
Speak Portuguese and Dutch, and if it's not too much
I'd like to have the perfect twin, One who'd go out as I came in
I've got to grab the big brass ring so I'll have everything,
everything
I'm like a child who's set free at the fun fair
Every ride invites me and it's unfair saying that I only
Get my one share doesn't seem just I could live as I must if they'd
Give me the time to turn the tide,
Give me the truth, if once I lied
Give me the strength that's gonna bring,
More of everything, More of Everything
Then I'll have Everything (Then I'll have everything)
Ev-er-y-th-ing OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jesus H. Christ! Not Strisand again. You gotta git over her!