Monday, March 27, 2006

Second Blog Carnival

This second blog carnival is a little short, but oh well. The only offering for this round is a very well-written essay called, The Ultimate Solidarity, offered to us by barb of Lucky White Girl about the relativity of our suffering. I think it is an excellent piece. I will mention that I almost forgot to do this as I spent the whole day preparing a lesson on the rhetoric of race in the United States for my class--collecting information on Quadroons, Octoroons, and Mulattoes which I used to build an interesting study around the "Nappy Hair" scene from Spike Lee's School Daze. I think that, especially since there aren't that many submissions, this carnival will only post every so often.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I'm the only one! Several bloggers I know mentioned they were gonna submit something. This is like showing up to a dance and no one's there! I don't know whether to laugh or cry! (I'm laughing)

Seriously though, it's a new carnival, these things probably take awhile to get off the ground. We need to publish it more, I think.

chella said...

brandon,

"the african" is wonderful, so eighteenth-century in its tone and diction. i have a couple of questions but will ask them privately. btw, today's class in the rhetoric of race sounded great! warmly, chella

Brandon said...

Thanks Chella! I still need to finish it....I want to do something with the Gospel though, if it is done.