Sunday, August 27, 2006

A Turtle's Dream

R and I got back from Chicago last night. It was a great time. All morning today, Abbey Lincoln's "A Turtle's Dream" played in my mind. I did a search for the lyrics and it is incredible that they are not to be found on the internet. However, I have transcribed them and here they are.

Often I think
When I'm all alone
and no one can see me but me
I think and I wonder just who I am
and how I came to be
I can swim the ocean and it's deep and wide
and in the house above me abide.

Maybe one day I'll fly like and eagle
fly like a bird and go and gooo
soar like an eagle
walk like a lion
although I won't be I know
but I can swim the ocean
and it's deep and wide
and in the house above me abide

I guess the time has come for me to go and look
for something thats moving in my house
you know moving slowly
is not really bad
you see the wonders of the deep
just waiting there for me
and I can swim the ocean and it's deep and wide
and in the house above me abide
and in the house above me abide

No comments: