Thursday, May 31, 2007

The Man In The Moon Is A Lady

Mame:
Oh, Vera, I can't wait to hear that Overture,
Tell me about the show!
Vera:
Well, well, it's this terribly modern operetta about a lady astronomer,
who make a universe shaking discovery.
Chorus:
Oooooh Aaaaaaaaah...
vERA:
I have a little secret I'd like to impart.
That I hope doesn't give you too much of a start;
Tho' it's shocking, it's completely true.
I know it isn't gossip, or rumor, of course,
For I've had it from quite a reliable source
And I'd like to pass it on to you.

The man in the moon is a lady,
A lady in lipstick and curls;
The cow that jumped ovah cried,
"Jumpin' Jehovah,
I think it's just one of the girls."
She winks at the stars from her bed of green cheese,
That isn't a night-gown,
It's a Saturn chemise.
Oh, her friends are the stars and the planets,
She sends the Big Dipper a kiss;
So don't ever offend her,
Remember her gender,
The man in the moon is a miss.

No comments: