Sunday, June 10, 2007

Recent Poems I Have Written

CX

Love be strange to me
withering slithers appear
Falling in my eye


CVII
One Day

One day
I’m going to think
With my hands and fingers
And use my mouth to formulate reason
And the heat encapsulating us will provide
The intellectual energy that steams our thoughts
Romance will season and flavor the electricity
That overtakes our bodies
And for once my body my mind and my soul will be as one
And together with you

CVIII

I am the other
Offended and exiled
Into the interiors of your cities
The interlockings
Of your past

CVI

We
are
all
buses
on busy streets
trying not to
run over anybody
trying to
maneuver
through tight traffic
and too close
calls
trying to
stay afloat and balanced
in an
effort to
move ahead

Brandon
May 2007

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Very nice!