Thursday, August 02, 2007

Armed Forces Committee Hearing -Yesterday on CSPAN

Yesterday on CSPAN I happened to see the House Armed Forces Committee Hearing, chaired by Representative Susan Davis of California. What I saw, on the part of the military was a lot of lying--big time and what I describe as grandiose begging: " Dear King we are in need of more funds and more troops." One of my first obersvations and impressions upon seeing this were the people of color sitting up in the front, two Blacks and a Latino,in their military brass serving as the mouthpieces while one white man sat on their side, speaking after them. Another thing I took from it, I began to think about this idea of an "all volunteer army"--this new american idea- as oppossed to a conscript one, such as what Israel has. Overall, they looked, and sounded like they were in deep trouble. Also, I wonder what"unique recruiting authority" is. Also, people of color better let white people play in their own bullshit and stay out of it.

No comments: