Tuesday, December 18, 2007

I'm Crying Real Tears



What a shock that was delivered to me just moments ago when I heard that Julia Carson, Democrat representing Indianapolis in the House of Representatives, was dead. Rep. Carson was a beautiful person through and through. I met her briefly a couple of times, but even more so than that--she appeared at every single anti-war rally that was held in Indianapolis during my time there--or at least made her support known when she couldnt attend. She was a lady of style and flare for sure,from what I can tell. I will never forget how she showed up at a rally in a fabulous fur coat to deliver a powerful tirade against the Bush administration. We have had no stronger representation in the U.S. bodies of government than the late Mrs. Carson. Why are all the good people dying off? We must all sing this incredible lady's praises.

No comments: