Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Sometimes I Feel That People in the Progressive Community are Masochists...and Other Thoughts

As I think of all of the abuses of people around the globe..in the United States...Iraq...elswhere...and on many levels, brutality and the violation of humanity and rights..I think of what Abbey Lincoln said. She said in her mother's house there would be no abusing because she would just as soon pick up a frying pan and hit you in your head and that would be the end of it.... As these thoughts are running through my head, I am listening to Amy Goodman and her guest discuss torture tactics that don't leave marks or bruising in use by the U.S. government and other brutes around the globe...it makes me think of the beating Elaine Brown recieved that she described in A Taste of Power....

No comments: