Monday, April 25, 2005

Now as to the forum yesterday.... I almost didnt like that white woman that moderated---whatever her name was--the former mayor. Firstly, they had Mildred sitting in the middle-- and then she skipped the hell over her to let the other white man on the panel speak before mildred did--OK. I was ready to go crazy. Anyway, I also observed that the dialogue was held mostly between the two white men on the panel--sitting on either side of Mildred--and they never directly addressed her. However, she did manage to make herself heard--and took over the conversation when she wanted to/needed to. I don't think that was a very progressive panel yesterday. I did make nice with the mayor lady (or rather she made nice with me) afterwards....but alas--- to have that kind of situation---and to skip over the BLack woman to let two white men speak oh no lord. That is something else. I know Mildred was probably thinking somewhere in the back of her mind that she should have stayed in Chicago.......

No comments: