Friday, March 17, 2006

I had an absolutely great time in Chicago. I am glad I made myself go. I am determined to do more things on the moment,to move about and be really free. So, I went to Columbia College and sat in on one of the panels in their StoryWeek festival. It was abolutely great ad I got to meet Dorothy Allison after the panel discussion and talk with her a few moments. God how blissful! All in all, I enjoyed the city, I enjoyed walking around, I enjoyed the different atmosphere. I am greatful to myself that I did it. Alas, one irony is that I ran into this girl Irini from Lafayette whom I had just a few days ago been discussing coming to chicago ---and she was coming too for a different purpose--and we ran into each other on Michigan Avenue. How odd. God, I miss the city. I miss civilization. I miss life and living.

No comments: