Thursday, January 04, 2007

Fess Goodson

Macaulay Ware Goodson in an intriguing character.He died in the early 70s before I was born. He was one of the middle children of Morgan Goodson and Mattie Roper, born right before my great grandmother Sadie Mae. An educated man, he was served as a principal in Autauga County for more than fifty years. He, Fess MacDavid, my Aunt Earnestine, and Cousin Madeira were the Black principals present in Autauga county. Fess never married and it is said that he was a homosexual. However, my mother disputes this. I would definitely like to learn more and find out more about him. He sounds quite intriguing. He gave himself the middle name Ware and lived in the home of his parents for most of his life as I am told. He ran the Goodson estate until his death at which point the responsibility was given to Uncle Lawrence.

No comments: