Wednesday, August 29, 2007

My Cousin, James Pratt

I like to blog about my relatives from time to time, and have been meaning to post concerning my cousin James Pratt for a long time now. My cousin, James Pratt, is a figure cut from an old, and very fine cloth. One of those breeds of men, particularly Black men, who had their whole world under control, who walked as if always in a cool breeze, dignified,graceful, relaxed;poised. A military man with a bit of education, I personally have been the recipient of tons of his gracious wisdom. It was he who taught me how to drive and helped me get my liscence. James Pratt is a worldy man, one of the last few walking the earth, who understands the world and how it works, and how to live in it. He and my Uncle Lawrence were two of the same kind. He is a blessing. James Pratt is my late Cousin Lillian's nephew, a great-grandson of Daniel Pratt, the founder of Prattville. He took care of Cousin Lillian until she died at the age of 99. Cousin Lillian was a wealth of information about our family, about the town of Prattville, and many other things.They both are among my interesting and invaluable relations.

No comments: