Monday, May 09, 2005

Wisdom comes in so many forms and God places things to grow from in some very interesting ways. Riding the bus, I came across this older man-- who looked a little gruffy--like one of the many many something or other people that ride the Lafayette City Buses--dirty, shabby-the look of severe poverty (and I so hope I don't speak with class snobbishness). Anyway, I noticed that he worse three or four turquoise rings and I asked him about them. He embarked upon and shared with me a beeautiful story agbout his mother and the rings-- and the one gold pinky ring that he wore on his index finger that belonged to his grandfather. I hope that am always open to learn from every avenue possible. I want to learn and I want to grow. The more I learn the less I know. Alas, I also want to be of use to humanity. From the poem that was said at my Aunt Bertie's funeral "Let me live in a house by the side of the road and be a friend to men."

No comments: