Monday, June 27, 2005

I just watched Queer as Folk for the firs time in Ages. I haven;'t watched that show since I was in Alabama. Not regularly since we used to go over to Clay's and Rebecca's to watch it. I really do enjoy the show, but I will and most definitely must critique it. There is such an absence of color, which is the problem with the so called movement for gay rights anyway. No color. Very white. Even though there are a few jewish people, but ok. Anyway. Um. But I think that this show allows itself, and really is too much saccharine, with sappy white, middle- class,I share the same values with straight people story lines that do nothing but sprinkle fairy dust on the problems that this country, and indeed the gay community face. I believe even Will and Grace is less accomodating and imitation-oriented.

No comments: