Friday, July 01, 2005

This evening, as I passed the barbed wire fence to go to my friend's place, I thought for a second of what it must feel like for a Palestinian passing the Israeli wall. I often wonder about the experience of Homosexuality in Islam. That is definitely something that I would like to learn more about. I wonder if there are any films about it. I do know from talking to F H that it does occur, and he has told me a little bit about how homosexuality exists within the muslim world. I often marveled as well about F H. He still plans to marry and continue in his "duty" despite his love of men. I would love to learn more. I think tonight I did more in terms of queering Islam than I think I know. How beautiful it would be when two men would learn to embracy each other, in love, in the Islamic world. That would be love. That would be beautiful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Peace Beloved! This is Cynequa (aka Nequa to you). I believe we met on a univ. campus in Indiana. We've hung out, had serious convos too. Imagine my surprise to find 'Julius Gray' on the Assata Shakur forums. I was excited as I remember that name :-D Hopefully you remember me. Lets just say I'm an undergrad soul sister you met through a young grad student named Lupe. Ring a bell? Hope so... speak to you soonah! Peaceloveblessings. P.S. Nice blog, yo.

Brandon said...

Hey! Hows everything going? You didn't come back to Purdue last year? I heard you had been sick so I hope you are doing better. Whats going on these days? I am done with my master's and am going to teach for a year and then on to phd. Your website looks quite happening too! Honey this country is about to explode isnt it! Alas, you should reconnect with Dr. Dorsey too as we are actively trying(and partially succeeding) in bringing Elaine Brown to campus next year.