Saturday, December 17, 2005

Interesting Conversation

I just had a conversation with someone I know, who is also from Chicago and just went back for the Christmas break. When I asked how he was enjoyed the city, the response was "I'm not." This befuddled me a bit--how can you not enjoy being in the city? Especially as there are pubs, clubs, museums, art, music, all sort of culture. So on probing further he let on that he did not like hanging out in the city because he didn't know anyone and he also didn't like going out to bars and drinking alone. I find this response quite interesting, as I so enjoy my anonymity. I love being a nameless face in a crowd...just another wild, carefree dancer,singer,actor on that stage of Cosmopolitan living. Mind you, I do enjoy having my name and I want to be known-- I want to be recognized.....but then also I simply enjoy throwing on my cloak and wandering the streets exploring and discovering the indefinite beauty of the unknown.

No comments: