Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Naked Capitalism

I spent most of the day trying to get a new phone. The people at the mall sent me to circuit city and that was where my journey ended--at least the busy/crazy part of it. Alas, I got to circuit city, handed the lady the phone that she was supposed to program and do whatever to and then I politely said that I was going to go to the restroom and would return before she finished with my phone--which I was not being charged for. When I got back to her counter, she was done and so she handed my phone and other packacges and before I left she looked at me with this look that just sent horror down my spine, it was a chilling look, the face of some kind of death and she asked me "would you like to buy the kit that goes with that for $49.99?" It was in this horrid, beseeching voice that was just completely in the market. It sounded like death. I told her no, but that perhaps I might need it in the future. I grabbed my things and I left. I put the name on it, Naked Capitalism....just the death-drive urge running in pure rampant abandon through our culture.

No comments: