Wednesday, January 04, 2006

I am remembering when I used to stay with Aunt Earnestine out in the country and she would wake me every morning at the crack of dawn to get ready to catch the bus so I could go to Autaugaville. I would sleep in her huge straight-backed bed, usually under ten million pounds of quilts and I would rise and get my clothes on while she went in the kitchen and cooked my breakfast--usually vienna sausage, rice or grits, and toast....my aunt was a practical cook. And later, after all of the practice of routine was over...Calvin Hunter would pull the bus up into Aunt Earnestine's lawn so that I could catch the bus and not have to walk out into the road(God didn't I feel so special sometimes LOL!) So I would grab my bookbag and be out of the door and off to my adventures of education at Autaugaville. That was my mystical half a year spent there. It was an interesting time. That perhaps, is an understatement.

No comments: