Tuesday, January 17, 2006

There is one anecdote that I find quite amusing,especially because it is about my Aunt Earnestine. At the time, my Aunt was a principal of one of the Black schools in the county and at home with her mother and father ( I believe just coming back from Ohio after having left one husband), Sadie Mae and John Archie.Well, apparently she hadn't paid her bill at the clothing store that she always always shopped at(and generally wasn't bothered about the bill, because they knew she was going to pay). However, the--according to my mother--old white devil who was the manager of the store(not the owner mind you) decided, at one point when he was in charge of the store, to send the sherrif after my aunt. LOL. Well, Aunt Earnestine apparently was crying buckets when this white man showed at the door(this was the 50s) and wanted to take her down to the police station. I can only imagine,haha! Well, as it was my great-grandfather was a good friend of Fred Posey, who was the judge there in the county, and with a few phone calls my frantic Aunt was put to rest when the Judge said she didn't have to go downtown, but to go ahead and pay her bill. LOL. I can only imagine though. My Aunt Earnestine was a mess. Quite a hilarious story though.

No comments: