Sunday, April 30, 2006

Go Away Little Boy--I Love This Song

by Marlena Shaw

How can I express to you the joy I felt, when I thought I’d found the perfect man for me. A man who could make feel the way I felt a woman should feel, umph, umph, umph. I said, darlin’, I’m gonna be the perfect woman for you. I went out and bought myself a three years subscription to Essence Magazine, read it from cover to cover, now you know I wanted to be perfect for him.

Well suh, he quit his job. He came home one day with 14 mirrors, some afro-sheen, some afro- glean, some afro-clean, some afro-fluid, some afro do-it to-it, he gon sit up in the room and look at the black is beautiful all day!

I said, ummmmm, "my darling, I hate to get all into your business, ya know what I mean, but uh, what about a job? What about the gas? What about the electricity bills"? You know what he said, "you working ain’t cha"? "Woman git off my back"!

I don’t know y’all, ya see, I wasn’t raised like that. The way I was raised, every able body in the household’s supposed to git up, and go out, at least looking for a job, ya know what I mean? So I laid it on the line to him. I said something like ahhh, "if you’ve come to realise, that you can no longer be the man that I thought you were at the beginning of our relationship". "Then I got this one thing to lay on you my sweet".

Go away little boy
Why just don’t you just go away little boy.
Ya see, I am not supposed to sit up there all alone in the dark with all them mirrors and no
money and no you oooooooooooooooo.
Now I know, I understand, I can testify to the fact that your lips are
awwwwwwww, ooooooooo, so sweet.
But it don’t look like our lips are ever gonna ever have another chance to meet
I think I can find myself another man.
And I’ll know what to do when I find me somebody who can be true.

Go away little boy, then I said...................
Let the doorknob hit cha where the dog should of bit cha little boy.
Cause you’re hurting me more every minute that you delay
Cause when you’re near me like this
Whoa baby , umph, you’re getting kinda hard to understand, so my man,
Why don’t you run on away, just run on away, just run on away little boy
Before I do something rash

Ohhhhhhh why don’t you run, run run run run on away little boy
Find yourself another set of solo strings little boy
Cause you’re hurting me more, every minute, every minute that you delay, ehh, ehhhhhhhh.
I said, I said, I said, when you’re near me, when you’re near me,
When you are close up tight like this, ohhhh baby
You’re getting kinda hard to resist, so my man
Why doncha, why doncha just run on away little boy
We got ta call it a day little boy, I said, run away little boy, before I beg you to stay.

No comments: