Sunday, September 03, 2006

Gin House Blues

Nina Simone

Stay away from me cos I'm in my sin
Stay away from me everybody cos I'm in my sin
If this joint is raided somebody give my gin
Don't try me nobody cos you will never win
Mm yeah don't try me nobody cos you will never win
I'll fight the army and navy somebody gives me my gin

When I'm feeling high I don't have nothing to do
Oh when I'm feeling high I don't have nothing to do
Just fill me full of good liquor I'll sure be nice to you
Any bootlegger show him a pal of mine any old time
Any bootlegger show him a pal of mine
Cos a good bottle of gin will get it everytime

Lord I don't want no clothes
I don't even want no bed to lay my head
I don't want no clothes
I don't event want no bed to lay my head
I don't want no pork chops and green
Just give me gin instead

Oh oh stay away from me cos I'm in my sin
Oh oh stay away from me yeah everybody cos I'm in my sin
If this joint is raided somebody give me my gin
Somebody give me my gin

No comments: