Friday, September 08, 2006

Let's Hear It For Me!

From Funny Lady

Blow the bugle
Sound the cymbal
All my troubles fill a thimble
I'm as happy as it's legal to be
Come on kids let's hear it for me
Get the tom tom
Start the drumming
Queue the colours
Keep them humming
Cause I'm climbing of the limb of that tree
Come on kids let's hear it for me
For this overwhelming sensation
I could stand a standing ovation
Give my entrance queue to the band
Give the little lady a great big hand
Slide the trombone
Let it swell out
This performance is a sell out
And the critics and the public agree
I'm the number one attraction to see
So applaud it and cheer it
Come on now let's hear it for me

Standing in the wings
All prepared to start
Usually I'm tense
A pounding in my heart
But now I'm not afraid
Cause butterfly's are gone
My act is looking great
I can't wait to go on, on
Grab a ticket
Find you row kid
I am strictly an SRO kid
Tell these ougly boubly feelings I'm free
They been banished by a royal decree
And your head feels so good when you finally clear it
If I saw a worry I wouldn't go near it
Come on now come on kid lets hear it
Let's hear it for me...

No comments: