Friday, September 08, 2006

On Barbra

I first fell in love with Barbra, I believe, when I first heard “Don’t Rain on My Parade,” which was when I first saw Funny Girl That song, that movie, that orange suit and brown fur hat just did it for me and I knew that not only had I found my mantra in that song, but that I had found the one persona that I completely identified with. Barbra became my greatest icon that day, which I don’t remember, but which I know was during my pre-adolescence. I was Funny Girl. She spoke to me and I responded wholeheartedly. And from that moment forward, I have been a die-heart and dedicated Barbra Streisand fan. It was then that I knew that I had to have everything Barbra. I read the books, I saw the films, I bought the albums. I became totally enmeshed in the Streisand lore... and I still am to this day. The kooky Jewish girl from Brooklyn was my hero and I loved everything that she represented and I still do. I am completely and wholeheartedly a devotee.

No comments: