Sunday, April 15, 2007

Midwest Peace Summit

The Midwest Peace Summit came off beautifully this year. I am not sure how detailed I will be in this post,but I will assuredly give a full report. The numbers were down this year, however the summit was still a great success. We had two speakers this year. Cindy Sheehan spoke to a crowd of a little under four hundred(I really am surprised that so few came out in Indy). It was an empowering evening. James Yee spoke Saturday night to a fuller crowd and his testimonies concerning what he witnessed at Guantanamo Bay prison were stirring and absolutely upsetting. Everyone should have their ears perched to hear, find, read about James Yee's experience at Guantanamo Bay and his own later incarceration and mistreatment at U.S. hands. I will write more later.

No comments: