Thursday, July 28, 2005

My grandmother is 85 years old. A woman of many talents, she cannot do what she once did. My grandmother's M.O. has been, perhaps all of her adult life, to be "the housewife," cook, clean, take care of HER household and look after the well being of the people in it. Now that she is older and she can't do that so much anymore, it bothers her. Now, when my grandmother attempts to do laundry, everything gets thrown into the machine together- dish cloths, towels, clothes, the works. So therefore, when I am here, I try to take over the laundry-- but you have to beat her to it, for she wants to do it herself ( I myself like to do things myself-- If I can't do it then I dont want it done). So this morning she slipped into the laundry room ( I had accidentally left the detergent out) and put herself on a load of clothes, determined to get it done. Mind you, some of them were clean-- these days she just puts stuff in the washing machine).

So, when I went behind her and pulled the clothes out of the machine(wet) to start them over and separate the clothes from other stuff, and by color, she sooo got mad. Well, there wasn't much she could do so she went and sat down. So I did that and went and started doing something else. My grandmother is definitely something else--- and will get what she wants the way she wants it, for when I went back to put the laundry in the dryer, I saw where she had slipped a few white clothes back into the machine with the dark clothes that I had washing. Well then. I think the word to use is spunk.

No comments: