Wednesday, November 30, 2005

This is quite an interesting and informative article on the formation of street gangs in L.A., specifically the Crips and the Bloods of note. I will write more about these gangs later, especially as I learn and read more about them. I have been aware of these two particular gangs(which is what I was told they were) ever since I was a very small child. I was reared to be deathly afraid of anything to do with these two particular organizations--and their reputation of violence, guns, and death in particular were pounded into me with the fear of the lord. What I am discovering now, is that these two organizations had some very interesting starts-- as quasi-political groups concerned with community uplift-- alas I believe the fact that these two their ideologies or belief systems or practices that spread and encouraged youths to join into these organizations. There was something there. If only it could have been harnessed and turned into something substantial and with a community uplifting effect....

No comments: