Sunday, February 11, 2007

How Patriarchy/Bullshit is Propagated/Promoted

Tonight I was riding the bus to the coffeeshops and there were these drunk white girls singing a song that I learned as a child, only I learned it differently. The lyrics I learned as a child went

"I don't wanna march in the infantry, Ride in the cavalry, Shoot with artillery, I don't wanna fly over Germany, I want to be friendly. CHORUS: I want to be friendly I want to be friendly I just wanna be real neighborly, Raise a family, Have two kids or three, I just want to live in peace you see, I want to be friendly . "

Well what I heard tonight, which they learned as children(as they said) went:


I may never march in the infantry, Ride in the cavalry, Shoot the artillery. I may never fly o'er the enemy, But I'm in the Lord's army. (yes, sir!) I'm in the Lord's army, (yes, sir!) I'm in the Lord's army, (yes, sir!) I may never march in the infantry, Ride in the Calvary, Shoot the artillery. I may never fly o'er the enemy, But I'm in the Lord's army. (yes, sir!)

Religion and Militarism at the age of 5

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

The major religions have a bloody history. One of the central themes is to kill because God commanded you to get rid of your enemies. It makes sense that Black people and White people are teaching different things about God.

Brandon said...

Always interesting and befuddling to me.

Anonymous said...

I was wondering if you had published an article by Col. Ann Wright? If so, please email me:
westcoastindiewriter@hotmail.com.