Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Thinking along similar lines, when Carolyn Ho was here she spoke about encouraging her son to join the Boyscouts and do all of those activities and was speaking in terms of how all of that might have encouraged her son to become endoctrinated with militarism and further encouraged him to join the military. That made me think of my own experience with the Boyscouts. My father had me join when I was in junior high school, and he became the troop leader. I didn't mind and somewhat liked going to the meetings and talking with all of the other boys, however I do remember when they decided they were going to go on a camping trip. Me, sleeping on the ground? hmm. My father went on that trip and I stayed at home with my mama. I also remember that they let me design the troop flag and I remember it coming out a very nice shade of magenta. I got two pens for that and something else. I enjoyed it for as long as it lasted and for what it was worth.

No comments: