Wednesday, February 14, 2007


I first heard of Corrie Ten Boom when I was about thirteen years old. I remember I went into the library to find something to read and came across this book called, The Hiding Place about a dutch family of clockmakers that hid Jews inside the walls of their house during World War II. Of course, I had to read it, me being a huge philosemite and a lover of all things Jewish and a lover of everything nonmilitary that related to WWII(especially stories of the Resistance--I was huge on Hannah Senesh). Alas, I devoured The Hiding Place and proceeded to read every book that Corrie Ten Boom ever wrote including Tramp for the Lord and In My Father's House. I gained and developed such a love and respect for Corrie Ten Boom and learned soo much from her. I still value her and the entire Ten Boom family, I have learned a lot from reading about them.I would love to go to Haarlem and visit the Ten Boom house. Alas, for a while I was on a Corrie Ten Boom high. I became president of the Fellowship of Christian Students for an entire year of high school during which time my sole effort was to talk about Corrie Ten Boom. What an interesting child I was. Haha. However, yesterday I ran across some of her writings on the internet and I was quite fondly reminiscent of my first discovery of this amazing woman and her wonderful family.

No comments: