Friday, June 24, 2005

I find it utterly dumbfounded that the U.S. media and political groups around the country (although I say use what you will, have at it)are using the "women need to be protected" model as their new jumping ground for ending the war. I hope it is effective, but it stirs some odd and perhaps negative feelings towards it in me. One thing that I have always commended the Israeli army for is its inclusion of women equally in its armed forces(even though the Israeli military power structure, such the same as the US's, is evil). However, I think it will only be to the detriment of the United States to try and prop women back up on the (enslaving) pedestal that women have suffered under for so long. I feel a great deal of love, admiration, and respect for the beautiful and brave women in Vietnam who, as Jane Fonda states, were such good fighters when the time came, and of the women of Iraq who are fighting in their own ways to live each day with the presence of unending violence and U.S. imperialism.

No comments: