Thursday, June 23, 2005

I liked what I wrote

I very much have to disagree with your pronouncement of Radical Feminism. bell hooks describes herself as a radical feiminst. And true that there are some that are labeled as radical feminists by those outside of feminism--for whatever that is worth-- but I think that true, fundamental radical feminism and radical feminists, like dear sister bell are those who aren't satisfied with gaining a foothold in the current power structure, but who wish to see fundamental, radical, structural change in society..... Radical Feminist include myself;-), Angela Davis, bell hooks, Jane Fonda, Alice Walker, oh I very much believe Gloria Steinem, Germaine Greer, god so many to name. But alas, radical feminism believes in true, structural change to bring about a better and more just society.

No comments: