Wednesday, June 22, 2005

I played Nina Simone's Released album all through out the past election cycle, with special attention to the track, " Go to Hell," in an effort to damn George Bush, if indeed not this country, to hell. I played it again yesterday when they delivered the verdict which finally "closed" the Human Rights/Murder case of Cheney, Shwerner, and Goodman. It saddens me and pisses me off that white men get to use this to make themselves feel good, especially FORTY YEARS after the fucking fact. And indeed Trent Lott and the other senator from Mississippi need to loose their penises in lieu of their signatures on the most recent version of "I'm sorry we didn't do more to stop the crime of lynching." Where is Malcolm X's vision of taking the United States before the World Court and trying it for crimes against humanity? We need some movement people!!!!

No comments: